2-3 August, 2018, Assam
NEN in collaboration with Directorate of Social Welfare, Assam, organised a 2 days orientation workshop on ‘Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition & Redressal) Act, 2013 and Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act 2005’.
37 numbers of participants from 24 districts which included 18 district Social Welfare Officers, 5 Child development Project officers, 4 Assistant. Commissioner, 1 Deputy Director, 1 additional Deputy commissioner, 1 Manager – 181 Women Helpline Assam, 2 principals from Vocational Training cum Rehabilitation Centre (VTRC) and State Bal Bhawan and 5 representatives from Directorate of Social Welfare, Assam participated in the workshop.
The overall objective of the workshop was to sensitize government officials and functionaries of sexual harassment of women at workplace and protection of women from domestic violence.
The workshop comprised of sessions as follows:
- Overview of Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace under Criminal Law Amendment Act 2013 from a gender perspective
- Court Procedures related SHWWP Act
- Power, roles and responsibilities of Internal Committees (IC) and Local committees (LC)
- Rational and objectives of PWDV Act from a feminist perspective
- Salient Features of PWDV Act
- Court orders, Procedures and Mechanism as per PWDV act
- Role of Nodal Agency under PWDV Act and SHWWP act
The resource persons for the workshop were:
- Anurita Pathak Hazarika, Project Director, North East Network , Assam
- Baharun Saikia, Advocate
- Debasmita Ghosh, Coordinator, Human Rights Law Network
- Dr. Dip Kr. Saikia, Regional Director, NIPCCCD
- Gitanjali Ghosh, Assistant Professor, National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam
Glimpses from the event-