WE ARE HIRING!
Location: Shillong, Meghalaya
Reporting Supervisor/s: State Coordinator, Project and HR/Admin Lead
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30 am – 5:30 pm. This is not applicable during programmes and field trips to various districts, trainings and meetings.
Management & Control of Assets
- Ensure that the office has adequate insurance cover for its assets and maintain a documentation regarding all such insurance policies;
- Dispose of dysfunctional assets in consultation with Supervisor/s.
- Supervise the upkeep related to NEN Resource Centre.
Management of Procurement
- Review procurement including completion of checklists, purchase requisitions, quotations, justifications memos and other documentation to ensure that organizations procurement policy is adhered to;
- Ensure that the goods and services required are accurately described in the purchase order as per requirements and that all the relevant approvals are in place, prior to sending the purchase order to the vendor;
- Maintain a file wherein all signed purchase orders and supporting quotations are filed for easy reference and to facilitate future audits.
Travel Management and Logistics for events
- Facilitate efficient coordination of conferences, workshops, meetings, travel and all other logistical requirements and be responsible for the entire procedure regarding this matter. Work closely with Programme Support Staff on this matter;
- Oversee and coordinate travel authorisation submissions and travel bookings for staff ( GB, Chairperson, ED, Donors , visitors), and any other project handled by you;
- Regularly liaise with the preferred travel vendors and attend to service delivery issues or complaints from staff;
- Coordination and communication related to accommodation and logistics related to the NEN Resource Centre.
Human Resource Management
- Facilitate appointment and induction of new staff;
- Maintain personal folders of employees;
- Ensure recruitment policy compliances;
- Issue ID /visiting cards, ToRs, issue and review contracts ;
- Provide technical assistance to other NEN office staff and units on compliance issues and problem resolutions;
- Ensure that insurance cover is renewed annually or as and when required for staff and community workers;
- Maintain all records of GB members along with Administrators of other state units;
- Update Communications personnel to update overall NEN staff and GB information on website and other social media forum;
- Ensure that you orient all staff on matters related to the HID;
- Assign , mentor and supervise day to day tasks of support staff and Programme Support Assistant
- Ensure that all formalities related to exit of staff is done.
- Handle petty cash, reconcile and update cash book in office;
- Write petty cash vouchers;
- Visits to different banks in Guwahati towards bank transactions when necessary;
- Ensure payment of all bills such as telephone, electricity, internet, etc. with occasional visits to related offices, should there be a need;
- Be responsible for admin matters related to salary payment of employees along with Accountants;
- Write narration of expenditures in NEN voucher pads for all/select projects.
- Conduct reimbursement exercise only after thorough scrutiny of bills/vouchers submitted by staff/vendors.
- Be responsible for safe keeping of all important original official documents such as Policy books, MoA, FCRA, IT & Registration certificates, land papers, GB minutes book, etc.;
- Ensuring that administrative messages are shared with colleagues via various media;
- Performing general duties to include, but not limited to photocopying, mailing, binding and filing; screening telephone calls, handling enquiries, receiving guests and taking care of their hospitality;
- Develop administrative systems and actively participate in compliance development as needed;
- Ensure that rental agreements are properly maintained and amended where necessary with regards to house rents, car rentals, equipment rentals, etc. Regularly review and renew rental agreements as necessary;
- Maintaining a disciplined and professional office condition and arranging necessary repairs as and when required and ensure safety compliances;
- Take minutes at administrative team meetings on rotational basis and ensure that proper record keeping is taking place and maintained;
- Exhibit/sell Weaves products to customers in office and maintain records of the same;
- Day to day office administration work towards overall well-being, dignity and safety of the office and its members
Programmes and other matters
- Travel to NEN Field units as and when required;
- Participate in NEN programmes such as campaigns, workshops, capacity building workshops, trainings, meetings, melas and exhibitions, etc.;
- Assist Programmes team/s whenever required;
- Work closely with HR/Admin Lead and Administrators of other offices and units in matters common to NEN as a whole such as organising NEN GB meeting, renewal of organisational certificates, staff records, Trustee and GB member details, insurance plans, NEN common meetings (retreats, review & planning, programme, admin and accounts, etc), assist in appraisal process , conducting annual appraisal processes. among others
Any other duty assigned keeping in mind the larger vision and philosophy of North East Network as a women’s organization committed to promote social and gender justice.
Skills, Aptitude or Personality Requirement:
- Knowledgeable and skilled in using MS-Office
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills in English and local language
- Team player and pleasing personality
How to Apply:
Submit your CV along with 2 references and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Last date of application is on the 21st of September 2023.
*Note* Applicants who have previously applied need not apply for the post again.
Job satisfaction is valued the most at a workplace and this fact remains the same for those who work with North East Network. The organisation values experience and talent regardless of background.
If you wish to contribute towards the lives of women and girls in Northeast India and enrich yourself in the process, we will be happy to hear from you.