ADVERTISEMENT FOR COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR, NEN
Designation: Communications Coordinator
No. of Post/s: 1.
Organisation: North East Network(www.northeastnetwork.org)
Location: Base location – Shillong/Kohima/Guwahati with duty station in other NEN work areas at regular intervals.
Nature of Contractual Engagement: Contractual and renewable on a yearly basis
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop communications strategy and action plan keeping in mind NEN’s philosophy and vision to promote women’s rights;
- Maintain NEN’s website and social media handles– daily monitoring, and content development;
- Execute productionand dissemination of training manuals/ campaign materials/brochure/pamphlet/flyer/installation, research reports and other publications in local language and English;
- Be responsible for drafting the NEN Annual Report;
- Develop visibility for the organisation and its core programmes with women weavers/farmers/vendors/youth/violence survivors/homebased workers among others;
- Publish quarterly newsletter capturing NEN’s activities in the 3 States and disseminate the same;
- Manage and promote NEN’s archives, curate videos and photographs;
- Network with media outlets (print, TV, radio, web etc.) to increase coverage of NEN’s on different thematic areas;
- Any other task as assigned by the management of the organization. Travel: Must be willing to travel outstation and stay in NEN field areas and states as required by the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
Graduate in Mass Communication/Development Communication or related areas;
- Trained on gender equality and/ work experience in women’s organisation is welcome;
- Demonstrate work experience of at least 1-2 years in similar work;
- Demonstrate extensive social media experience;
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills in English language. Knowledge of other languages/dialects is an asset.
Compensation and Employment:
NEN is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We ensure that candidates irrespective of backgrounds are fairly considered during the recruitment process. We are committed to providing a fair compensation package. For this position, the salary will be within the range of Rs. 30,000 per month.
How to apply
Please submit an up to date CV including two references and a covering letter, clearly explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job description to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st February 2023. Kindly ensure that the subject line of your email states “Application to the position of Communications Coordinator, NEN”. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women of all identities are encouraged to apply
Job satisfaction is valued the most at a workplace and this fact remains the same for those who work with North East Network. The organisation values experience and talent regardless of background.
If you wish to contribute towards the lives of women and girls in Northeast India and enrich yourself in the process, we will be happy to hear from you.