No of position/s: 1
Location: Shillong, Meghalaya
- Carry out payments by verifying documentation and request for disbursements.
- Controlling payments and signing payment vouchers.
- Supervise the purchase of materials and equipment, payment of bills, clearance of insurance policies and petty bills.
- Bank related duties viz. depositing drafts and cheques, withdrawing of cash either for petty cash, for salaries or for any other official purpose.
- Maintain accounts in Tally.
- Ensure that the transactions and financial records are properly maintained of relevant projects
- Prepare bank reconciliation statement;
- Prepare and maintain monthly payroll according to NEN’s policy and procedures and release staff salary
- Preparing financial plans and budgets
- Maintaining cash forecast; controlling income and expenditure and cash flow.
- Prepare consolidated budget plan and implementation report on quarterly basis for all programmes.
- Manage Provident Fund and share responsibilities related to PF with team.
- Timely payment of TDS and Tax payment as and when required.
- Maintain documents and filing the records of funding agencies, partner organisations and other agencies.
- Submit quarterly accounts (Trial Balances for all projects with BRS and bank statements) to FC & GM in time for verification.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Prepare accounts for audit and Consult FC/GM on the recommendations of external auditors.
- Participate in the resource mobilisation by preparing all required financial documentation.
- Ensure that NEN maintains a sound financial system and procedure.
- Assist the Programme Manager and Administrator in preparing budgets for trainings, meetings, activities and administrative expenses.
- Administer book keeping systems for the field accounts and assets.
- Ensure that Procurement of Good and Services is implemented.
- Assist in field work and programme activities whenever required.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
- Travel to NEN Head office for accounts related work.
- Perform other required tasks.
- Post Graduate Degree in Commerce from a recognised institute.
- Candidate must have 2 years of work experience in an NGO working on FCRA Accounting.
- Candidate must have good working experience in Tally ERP-9, Microsoft Excel and Word.
Remuneration: Will be based on qualifications and experience of the candidate.
How to apply: E-mail your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date to apply is 23rd May, 2022.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for skill test and interview.
Women Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job satisfaction is valued the most at a workplace and this fact remains the same for those who work with North East Network. The organisation values experience and talent regardless of background.
If you wish to contribute towards the lives of women and girls in Northeast India and enrich yourself in the process, we will be happy to hear from you.