About the Internship
NEN offers an Internship Programme for short-term exposure and learning opportunities for passionate and committed individuals, in diverse work areas of the organisation. The programme offers a meaningful, rounded experience in the development sector for those who aspire to develop their professional, academic, and personal skills. Interns will have the opportunity to interact and work with the NEN team and their diverse stakeholders and will be oriented on the functioning of the various departments they are entrusted to.
Depending on the type of tasks such as report writing, social media, graphic design, etc can be done remotely for a specific number of hours/days a week. For Programmes related tasks, interns are expected to work on-site.
Duration of Internship: Minimum of three (3) weeks upto six (6) months
Areas of Focus
- Programmes (Based on NEN’s Thematic Areas)
- Community Engagement
- Research and Documentation
- Knowledge Building
- Human Resource & Administration
- Finance & Accounts
- Communication, Graphics & Social Media
- Marketing & Design
Why Intern with us?
- Interns will acquire hands-on work experience and develop skills by working in a professional non-profit environment.
- Interns will be able to understand diverse issues and challenges in the chosen programme area and incorporate tools and strategies to create solutions to those challenges.
- Explore career options or develop transferable skills by having exposure to NEN’s diverse initiatives
- An experience certificate on successful completion of the Internship programme.
Where We Work?
- Assam: Darrang, Dhemaji, Goalpara, Golaghat, Kamrup, Karbi Anglong, Sonitpur, Udalguri
- Meghalaya: East Khasi Hills, West Khasi Hills, Ri-Bhoi, South West Khasi Hills, Eastern West Khasi Hills, East Jaintia Hills
- Nagaland: Phek, Dimapur, Kohima, Chumoukedima, Noklak, Shamator
How to Apply?
Individuals who want to fulfil their academic requirements, add skills to their career development, or want to seek employment in the development sector, can apply for our internship programme by clicking on the link below.
Note: If the candidate is from an educational institution, an endorsement letter by the institutional head will be required. Interested individuals/organisations/institutions looking for long-term collaborations for the internship programme may reach out to NEN at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the internship programme, reach out to us at email@example.com