July-August, 2017, Shillong
NEN with an objective of building capacities of health professionals on the issue of violence against women, its health implications and the legal and ethical role that they must play in responding to the same, organized one day training for student nurses in Woodland Institute of Nursing and in KJP School of Nursing on:
• 29th of July, 12th and 26th of August, 2017-Woodland Institute of Nursing
• 19th of August, 2017 –KJP School of Nursing
The training with an aim to develop necessary awareness and abilities to perform a catalytic role as facilitators of change trained 115 student nurses. on topics of: Gender & Power Relations; Violence against Women as a Public Health Issue; Health Consequences of VAW; and Basic Counselling Skills.
The resource persons for the training were:
• Annie Sohtun, Coordinator, Meghalaya State Commission for Women.
• Ivyreen Warjri, Mission Director, State Resource Centre for Women
• Dr.R.Allya, Medical Officer at Regional Blood Bank Pasteur Institute.
• Dr.Adreena Lyngdoh, Senior Medical Officer at Ganesh Das Hospital